Friday, October 4, 2013

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Changes

 The Times They Are a-Changin'...  I have been posting each Friday for over 4 years now, and it's time for a change.  This will be my last "new" Flourish Friday.  I will be selecting some of my favorite posts from the past 4 years, and if I can figure out how to do it, update and republish them for the next several Fridays. (I wouldn't make you go cold turkey.)

After that, I will continue to post but randomly so.  I intend to systematically go through the materials for all the different workshops I have taken over the years.  I want to spend time reading my notes, going over the instructors handouts, and then (surprise!) taking the time TO ACTUALLY CREATE SOMETHING based on what I've studied and learned!  I seem to come home from a workshop or class all fired-up, but then the next thing I know time has passed without me doing anything.  I know I won't be able to do it weekly, but I will post to my blog after each workshop I revisit - including the Reggie Ezell workshop I will be taking this weekend. :)
(The above says, "Choose Love")

Even though things will be changing a bit, I hope you'll continue to follow me here at A Place To Flourish.  In the meantime,  I will post images on my Instagram account
My username is: carmelscribe
You're welcome to follow me there if you'd like.
(The above says, "Choose Love, Take Joy, Be Content, Give Thanks, Forgive Quickly)

Above is a peek at four of the five pieces I have in the Calligraphy Guild of Indiana's exhibit at Sullivan Munce Cultural Center in Zionsville.  The opening reception is tonight from 5-8pm, and the exhibit will on display through November 9, 2013.  If you'll be in the Indianapolis area, then please check it out.  Julia Fish Thompson, a CGI member, is having an exhibit of her work just a few blocks away at Robert Goodman Jewelers.  Julia's opening reception is tonight also (5-8pm), and her exhibit runs through November.  Two calligraphic treats for the price of one trip to lovely Zionsville!

I have enjoyed preparing all 268 of my weekly posts.  Blogging has been such a terrific experience.  For me, it's not as noisy or time devouring as Facebook, and I've met so many wonderful people.  Thank you for joining me as I happily wander along on my calligraphic journey replete with bad poor grammar and misspellings.  I appreciate your company along the way!

Happy weekend, Friends.
Go forth and flourish!
xo
Jane

3 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I've followed you for years and am in awe of how giving you are with very specific information. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create after going over your notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. I always love seeing your work whether new or old. I too look forward to seeing your work after you reveiw your notes. I'm so glad I found your blog. I agree with the above writer that you are indeed an inspiration. Take care and don't stay away too long please..... Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane - I totally get where you are coming from because I have had the same experience! I will still be a frequent visitor because you have so many great tips, techniques and inspiration. You will love taking classes from Reggie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails