Friday, November 1, 2013

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Practice and Nib Testing

Following is a reposting of my May 28, 2010 Flourish Friday.  If you would like to read the original comments associated with this post, then CLICK HERE.

If you would like to see the practice pages I did in 2008 (a long time ago!) testing a variety of pointed pen nibs, then CLICK HERE.

Have a great weekend!
xo Jane


This is a practice page done on 100% cotton, resume paper using a Gillott 170 nib and Moon Palace Sumi.  E.A. Lupfer is one of my favorite Master Penmen, and these exercises can be found in his "Ornate Pictorial Calligraphy" published by Dover.  I am naturally heavy handed, and it takes great concentration for me to lighten up.  

For those in the States, I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend! Tomorrow is Matt's graduation open house.  I am swimming in a sea of "to do" lists, but I am looking forward to celebrating this milestone with family and friends.

Go forth and flourish!
xo

1 comment:

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails