Thursday, May 21, 2009

Celtic Knotting


At my calligraphy guild's meeting this past Saturday, the wonderful Jacquie Banks taught us a little bit about celtic knotting.  Jacquie had taken Cari Buziak's course at last year's Letters Mingle Souls calligraphy conference.  Jacquie provided terrific handouts and made the beautiful, colored bookmark pictured here.  The top photo is my attempt.  It is a lot of fun, but it is easy to lose track of where you are and where you're going!  If you'd like to give it a try, please check out the knotting page of Cari's website here.  She has step-by-step instructions, printable graph paper, and plenty of eye candy!

1 comment:

  1. Aaah, Jane, that´s so interesting for me! I´ve bought a book (by George Bain) about designing celtic knotwork when I was in Ireland in 1982 and have worked a lot with them in that time - I´ve even made and worn buttons with knots when I was 17 ... so your post has reminded me of my days of youth, LOL!
    (Oh, and congrats on winning Seth´s giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails