Friday, November 20, 2009

Flourish Friday - November 20th


After 4 straight days of cold, rainy and just plain GLOOMY weather, I am already dreamy of Spring, sunshine and butterflies! This little guy was fun to do. This was done on Canson Pro White Layout paper, but I think I'd like to do another on watercolor paper and then jazz it up with some color.


I did this flourish to go on the flap of an envelope, but turned on its side like this, it makes for a nice corner flourish.

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
You cannot tell very well from this image, but "CREATE" is embossed. I used sumi for the outline and a Sakura Micron Pigma pen for the background design. I am doing a program on Zentangles for my calligraphy guild tomorrow. I want to show everyone there are many ways they can incorporate Zentangles with their calligraphy.

Do something to put a little Flourish into your Friday. Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zentangles! Can you share some more of what you are teaching with us?

    Love your butterfly, too.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your flourishes and the butterfly will look fabulous with or without color.
    Your zentangle project is WOW and your guild will go wild for it. I purchased the Zentangle dvd and handbook and have not even looked at it. I doodled a little but you have just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm absolutely LOVING that butterfly!! i think that it would make a beautiful rubber stamp image (hint, hint.....maybe you should submit it?!!). i sure wish i could be at your zentangles program.....i know that it will be fantastic!! happy weekend to you, jane! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so amazed at your flourishes and that butterfly is so wonderful. Yes, do it again on watercolor and put some colors on it and let us see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice flourishes in this post and the previous post. I love your letterforms! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still don't know how you do this, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous! thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails