Friday, November 12, 2010

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Feathers

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC

Here is a Flourish Friday Feather for you!
I used McCaffrey's Black ink and a vintage Hunt 22.

I made the trip over to Columbus, Ohio earlier this week to take a couple of days instruction from Bill Lilly.



 I was fortunate to sit in on his final class with a group of Japanese women.
They were such a lovely and fun bunch -very talented too!


©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC

Bill was giving instruction on bird flourishing - feathers too.

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
 I'll try to get this bird turned around so you don't have to crane your neck. 
©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC
 There. ( I think the bird is happier now...)



Also pictured with Bill and his Japanese students, is Sandy Mundy. She was instrumental in getting Bill's "The Art of Beautiful Script" book published.  She is a sweetheart!





I learned so much during my time with Bill. (Thank you Bill!)
I think the key word in this certificate is "satisfactory."  :)

The key now is to practice, practice, practice. 

©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC

It is such a sunny, beautiful, fall day here in Indiana. 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Jane, how wonderful to be a student of Bill Lilly!! I can only dream of doing that!! Your feather is fabulous as well as the bird. Thank you for the birthday wishes!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great class, it looks like fun. Your work is lovely as always. I hope you enjoyed Columbus (my home-town).
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. What a treat to study with Bill Lilly. Congratulations!!!!!!
    xo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this, Jane! Your work is exquisite--and how amazing that you were able to study with Bill Lilly. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! I love, love, love the feathers. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to study with Bill Lilly!

    Gorgeous work as always, Jane.

    xo~Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work...as usual!!! Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more feather in your cap! Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful treat to spend a few days with bill lilly.....wow!! it looks like it was a great workshop, and i'll bet the time just flew by (okay, bad pun, sorry!!). LOVE your flourished feather and bird!!!
    xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jane, love your bird and feather. Thanks for sharing the great pictures of your workshop. Sounds like SO much fun. Workshops always give me a boost of inspiration and creativity. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane! Your flourishes are really lovely! I am even privleged enough to have a fab Jane Farr flourish in my journal and I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane
    Just passing through your lovely site!
    Wonderful work

    V

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking at logo designs with contrasting strokes, then I ran into your blog. I just want you to know that your calligraphy drawings are so inspiring and beautiful, so keep inspiring us! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails