Friday, February 24, 2012

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Isabella Grace and Psalm 139


I have a long list of lettering projects I would like to do. Psalm 139 has been on that list for quite awhile. When my niece asked if I would do a Psalm 139 inspired piece for her daughter-to-be's nursery, I was excited to do it.  She requested white lettering and white flowers on a pink background.


The piece incorporates much of what I have learned over the years from many, talented instructors. All the original work was done in black ink, scanned, and assembled in Photoshop.  I made the 13" x 19" print on my Epson R2000 using Arches 90lb. hot press, watercolor paper.  Sometimes things look better on screen than on paper, so it took a couple of tries to get the print just right.


I work slowly anyway, but I worked even more slowly and deliberately for such a special piece.
(Thank you for your patience Morgan!)
I just want to say that Isabella Grace is a wonderful name to letter in script!!

The great thing is now that all the hard work is done, I can change the background from pink to blue in a snap.  Not quite as quickly, I can change the name, birth date, etc. in order to make prints for clients. 
Yay! I can cross one of those lettering projects off my to do list!


Photo by Ryan Hill
Introducing the adorable Isabella Grace.
Isn't she an absolute doll?! I love this hat.
It is such a delight to have a baby in the family once again.

Photo by Morgan Thompson
This is one of my favorite photos of Isabella.  I just love her expression. What is she thinking? (Probably, "Mommy, I love this beautiful headband you made for me!")

If you're interested in a custom made print, please feel free to contact me. You will find my email info by clicking on "View My Complete Profile" link above on the right.

Enjoy your Friday.
Go forth and flourish!
xo
Jane



©Jane Farr Calligraphy & Design LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™
Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. WWW.ZONDERVAN.COM
The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Offices by Biblica, Inc. ™



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece! I am sure Mo will really like it! Issie is such a cutie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work as always, and that baby is SO cute!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love the way you are thinking of being able to use it for others as well. So well done. Isabella is just breathtaking. Congratulations!!! P.S. I like your watermark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabella Grace is a show stopper!!! The calligraphic work as well as the beautiful baby. Beautiful work Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, this is so exciting! Incredible work and wonderful possibilities! And a darling baby to hold as well. Heaven! I'm sure she will treasure this piece forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little cutie pie!

    Your piece is so sweet. I know it will be treasured for many generations!

    xo~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails