Friday, May 24, 2013

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Recycling Envelopes

Hello Friends.  I thought for today's Flourish Friday I would show you one of the ways I recycle/reuse envelopes.

When addressing envelopes, I will occasionally make a mistake. (Shocking, I know...)  I hate to waste an otherwise useful envelope, especially one in such a pretty color.

I grabbed some light weight, black paper from my scrap bin and cut two pieces smaller than the dimensions of the envelope.

 I pulled out my trusty, inspiring copy of The Universal Penman by George Bickham and found a flourish that I though would work well.  Using a white Gelly Roll pen,  I did a simplified, monoline version of the flourish.

I addressed them very casually.  Using an Uhu glue stick, I glued the pieces to the fronts of the envelopes, covering up the mistakes.

 Finally, I added the postage...my current FAVE stamps!
I like the look of tucking the "To:" into the top, oval of flourish.  Next time, I will tuck the zip code into the bottom oval. (The USPS will *LOVE* that, right?!)  :)

Wishing you a terrific, Memorial Day weekend.
Go forth and flourish...
...especially you, Pacers! (You can do it!!!!)
xo
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails