Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quaker Wedding Certificate

I have been working on wedding envelopes for clients all week, so I haven't had time to experiment with other projects.  Here is a sample calligraphy project I finished a few weeks ago.  It is a Quaker Wedding Certificate, or at least it's loosely based on the Quaker tradition.

I really liked working with the mica watercolors.  They are sparkly!  I got the "Vintage" set from Brenda at Paper and Ink.  You can find the set here.  The Copperplate majuscule O has always been rather boring to me, so I am always looking to expand my O repertoire.  I like the O I used on this certificate.


I used my own wedding information for the sample.  I made our names a little larger, in a different color, and in a more formal style - but I still don't think there is enough contrast.  Next time, I would do the names larger and in a different color - maybe rust instead of the gold.

I have a couple of larger, commemorative wedding pieces to do for clients in the coming weeks, and this was good practice.  I hope you're able to click on the photos to make them larger.  I am still struggling with adding images to my posts.  Hopefully you can click on the title of this post, and it will take you to more photos of this sample Quaker wedding certificate over at Flickr.
Check back tomorrow for a closer look at the flourishes!

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Jane. You Copperplate is so beautiful. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the sparkly watercolor that you used on this...it really adds a lot to an already beautiful piece of calligraphy! your letterforms are gorgeous, jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna: Thank you! and thank YOU for visiting!

    Martha: Thanks so much! I enjoy seeing what is going on each day in your wonderful studio.

    Lori: Thank you! Your comments always encourage!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails