Friday, June 5, 2009

Flourish Friday June 5th

I had just a bit of time to play in my Moleskine last night.  I don't think the quote and lettering style work well together, but oh well.  I like the flourishy border. I tried playing with the 0s. I'm a calligraphy geek, I guess.  I liked the o in this post by Lori Vliegen of Elvie Studio.  (Which I just now "got" that Elvie is LV for Lori's initials. Obviously, I am not the brightest scribe in the scriptorium.) 

I think this is a great quote.  Before John Wooden was the Wizard of Westwood, he was a Boilermaker! I admire the way he's lived his life, and I believe he's a good role model.  If you click on his name, it will take you to his official site and you can learn more about Coach Wooden.  Happy Flourish Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Jane - I love your lettering style for this quote. It gives it "life" in the present. Lisa E. and Rosie Kelly have really influenced me - I am taking on a more individual expressive approach to my own lettering. By the way, I love your blog and visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page, Jane. I love the fun lettering and the flourished border. Yes, Lori's o is great. All of Lori's letters are great! LV --elvie--I think that is so clever---just like her!
    Love that quote too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jane! i love the way you've added color to this...it really makes the page pop!! and i love this john wooden quote (it's SO true!). thanks so much for the linky love....and believe me, there are lots who haven't connected with the LV thing yet...it will be our little secret! happy weekend sweet gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you put together on this piece... your lettering is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails