Friday, February 26, 2010

Flourish Friday - Grace & Blackletter




Happy Flourish Friday!  
This piece was done with my ever faithful Dr. Martin's Bleedproof White and 
an Esterbrook 356 pointed, flexible nib. 



I started this journal in February of last year.  My goal was to letter a different alphabet exemplar on each page.  ....ahem...this is page 2! gulp!! I guess I will have to live to be 250 years old, if I'm going to finish it. Either that or work in it more than once per year.  If you'd like to see page 1, click here.



Last week, I was the lucky winner of Elvie Studio's 400th Blog Post Giveaway.  Lori Vliegen is the warm and witty soul behind Elvie Studio.  Her blog is one of the first ones I started following in 2008. She has a very engaging writing style, and she is extremely creative.  I always enjoy popping over to her happy, inspiring blog.  After a long and tiring day on Monday, I came home to find this wonderful package waiting for me!  The little journal with repurposed, Hobby Lobby gift card covers was wrapped up in this wonderful sheet of calligraphy themed paper.  Little cords with tags, stickers and cards were all cleverly tucked in the packaging. Swooooooon!!  Thank you Lori!!! If you're not already following Lori's blog, get on over there by clicking here.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Go Forth and Flourish!
((Hugs))
Jane

7 comments:

  1. Lovely copperplate Jane. Oh, and that blackletter...not my favorite to do, but you've done it beautifully. OMG, a different alphabet on each page, yikes, very ambitious!
    What delicious goodies from Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, a different exemplar on each page---if I could only do that maybe the letterforms would shape up!!! I love the Blackletter and actually find iw fairly easy to do, that is, if I can just draw that straight line!

    You are also the very lucky one to receive the wonderful giveaway from Lori!! I am so lucky to have here as my bestest art BFF buddy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovies to look at today! And my favorite color, too - turquoise. :-) The blackletter looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal Jane....great idea. You're off to a great start. :) Lovely blackletter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I've got lots of notebooks like that: filled all the way up to page ... 3 :)

    An examplars notebook is a good idea, but what pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've done dr. martin's proud with your gorgeous flourishing, jane!! and your blackletter is fabulous!! i'm loving the idea of starting an exemplar journal.....it would look like most of my others, blank pages and all!!! and thank you, dear friend, for the very kind words and linky love......you are such a sweetie pie!!!! hope you're staying warm in indy.... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blackletter...Hard to do so my hats off to you.
    Lucky you to receive such wonderful goodies. Have fun!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails