Friday, March 16, 2012

Flourish Friday - March Madness!!


I love that there are plenty of calligraphers out there that, like me, are huge college basketball fans.  Tonight, the Purdue Boilermakers take on calligrapher Katy Jamison's Saint Mary Gaels.  I am hopeful my Boilers can pull off the upset.  Katy created her tournament bracket from scratch and hand lettered the entire thing!  You can check it out by clicking here.  She's also made her blank bracket available to download. Check it out and download it by clicking here.  Thanks, Katy! and may the best team win tonight. :) 

 Last night I was rooting for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, because calligrapher Marilyn Stirrett's son-in-law is the head coach. It was the Jacks first time to the NCAA tournament. Congratulations to your family Marilyn! There was a time in the second half that I thought they were going to upset Baylor. 


I know Jan K. roots for Gonzaga, Jan H. roots for Louisville, Sandy W. roots for I.U., Dana and Martha are Carolina fans, (Martha two-times as a Gator fan), did I forget anyone? Who do you root for?

(I did the original lettering with a Speedball FB 1/2 nib and the outlining with a ruling pen.)

Enjoy the games.
Boiler Up!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, it sounds like you're enjoying March Madness! It feels more like June here - it was in the 80's yesterday - broke the record!! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lettering... perfect for March Madness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a watercolor and oil painter who is new to calligraphy. It's been about two years since I got the bug. I credit you for keeping me at it until just recently I've begun to see the light and get the feel of it. I have a LONG way to go but am now finding the journey delightful and at times even meditative. Thank you so much for THE most enlightening and inspirational source I've found anywhere!

    Our roots are in the Big Ten so I've loved your recent Madness references. Unfortunately our Duke Blue Devils bit the dust last night, but that means more lettering practice time for ME!

    You rock, Jane Farr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,
    Fun post... had no idea there were so many connections between the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament and calligraphers! I'm beyond bummed that MSU is out of the running, but I still love their team, so yes, count me in... I'm a Michigan State fan!!! Go Spartans! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails