Friday, June 29, 2012

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Real Wedding: Donald + Mallory


It's bridal season! There's not much going on in my studio except wedding work. Here is a peek at a wedding from earlier this year for which I enjoyed doing the calligraphy. 


The colors are a bit distorted in my photos. The lettering was done in a light, creamy yellow.


Photographer, Jessica Strickland, was kind enough to give me permission to post some of her wonderful images.  You can view more images from the wedding at Jessica's blog: HERE.


The beautiful wedding was planned by expert Darcie Kornmeyer of Circle City Planners


The talented Jill Sowder of Westwood Paper designed the couple's monogram and handled all the stationery for the big event.  You can view the invitations on my wedding calligraphy blog: HERE.


It was a pleasure working with Jill and Darcie and of course the gorgeous bride, Mallory, and her handsome groom, Donald.  The following film was created for Donald and Mallory by Jet Kaiser of Jet Kaiser Films. I think it's beautiful and touching. 


Mallory + Donald {a wedding short} from Jet Kaiser Films on Vimeo.

May I just say that wedding videos have come a looooong way since Tom and I were married?!!! :) Congratulations to Donald and Mallory; best wishes to a lovely couple.

Back to my October weddings...
Go forth and flourish!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work as always, and that video! So beautiful and romantic! I hope you're staying cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do lots of weddings and have a question. Do you visit the weddings to get the great shots of your work "in action" (e.g. the placecards beautifully laid out, etc.) ? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comment, Sally. Unfortunately, I rarely get to see my work "in action." The great shots of this wedding were taken by professional photographer, Jess Strickland. She gave me permission to post them on my blog. I try to take photos of pieces before they leave my studio, but as you mention "in action" photos are wonderful - especially when taken by a pro!

      Delete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails