Friday, July 13, 2012

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - Don't Stumble


Thank you for allowing me my pity party last week.
You're the best.
I'm choosing to look and move forward, 
and I know good things are ahead.

I did the lettering above some time ago. 
You can see the original lettering here.
I copied the lettering onto a transparency and layered it on top of a piece of tissue collage. I created the tissue collage at the Calligraphy Guild of Indiana's 2008 "Tortured Metals" workshop with the amazingly creative Victoria Pittman.  (More photos of that workshop here.)
I then used "magic" tape and adhered an ATC sized (3.5" x 2.5") piece of plexiglass on top of the transparency. The magic tape didn't disappear, so not so magic after all....
  - still, it's good advice:

Don't stumble over something behind you.

Have a happy weekend.
Go forth and flourish!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece! I also love the quote. It is exactly the reminder I needed this morning.

    Have a beautiful weekend!~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I needed that! A lot! Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work as always and SUCH great advice! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant quote and put together so well. Sorry about the magic tape - but still - it look beautiful in the photo!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails